Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Griffin

This week's work was on a Griffin from Reaper's Bones line.  The sculpt is fantastic - detailed and dynamic; the production quality is also excellent.

I am not overly proud of my paint job, but it looks fine on the table.  A mini of this quality should have received more attention but with a pile of Reaper II in the Hobby Room, this will have to do. Actually, the only real shortcut is on the basing.  The Griffin really needed a higher built up base, like a cliff edge from which to attack.



As a DM, I can't recall ever using a Griffin in a game.  I picked this up mainly because a) it looks fantastic and b) it will work great in the Of Gods and Mortals miniature game.

For comparison purposes, here is the Griffin beside a Reaper player figure. I don't think the Assassin has much of a chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment